Why work with Sportego as an esports consultant
Sportego esports works with clubs, players and brands. Our team works in Ireland and the UK. Our experienced consultants help clubs and brands achieve their esport goals. We have 15 years plus experience in the esports world. That experience helps us develop esports strategies and esports consultancy to help clubs and brands understand the esports market.
The research defines the esports consultancy strategy
According to Newzoo, the esports industry will reach $1.4 billion by 2020. Gamers spend on average, 8.3 hours playing games vs. 3.8 hours of Linear TV & YouTube. For that reason alone it is very popular with sponsors, especially endemic sponsors. League of Legends leads the way in esports. The popular game gets up to 100 million hours watching time per month. Other titles like CSGO, Dota 2, Fortnite, players unknown battle ground and Overwatch are also very popular while up to 3.9 million hours of FIFA are watched on Twitch per month, However
Audience wise, 595M people watch eSport events worldwide with 125M are casual viewers. Because it is played by a key demographic for sponsors, the 18-36 year olds market and is 69% male, it is an important industry for brands. As a result, we can help you formulate a strategy to enter this space and understand how to reach them.
Since 2015, we have:
• Launched 1st ever regional esports league with professional clubs & players for FIFA. The Celtic esports league, featured 8 teams including Scottish team Hibernian and Premier League side Wolves as well as teams from Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
• Launched the Sportego eLeague in 2017. The eleague, featured 64 teams across 9 countries. Teams from UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy Switzerland, the Ukraine, Holland and Germany took part. As a result, the eleague featured the esports teams of Manchester City, AS Roma, PSV, Dinamo Kiev, Ajax and West Ham United. Consequently it was won by Swiss team, Basle.
• Furthermore, led by Colm, we secured licenses from EA to run competitions.
• The final of the Sportego eleague was held in FC Twente in Holland. It was streamed to over 200,000 people on Twitch and Facebook via a distribution agreement with Goal. Goal is the largest football site in the world.
• Similarly Trev, our lead esports consultant, works with Leicester City defender Christian Fuchs become the first Premier League player to launch an esports team.
• Likewise our esports team work with a number of brands, players and clubs on esports consultancy. We have also advised Premier League & NHL clubs on their esports strategies
• Furthermore we developed relationships with multiple games publishers, streaming & tournament hosting platforms